No More Belly Bloat
Ugh. Belly Bloat. It gets in the way every time. Whether you’re putting on a costume, everyday dance clothes, or even just regular clothes, it causes discomfort and, of course, makes you feel very self-conscious. Regardless of whether you wear unforgiving leotards every day or baggy dance gear, here’s how to keep your belly flat on the regular.
Avoid the bloat
Eat a hardy breakfast
Eat something that will provide you with energy and protein and keeps you focused throughout the day. Try some eggs and toast.
Allow for some time to digest your meal
You can have a big meal if you want to, but make sure you give it about four hours for digestion.
Bananas are a great source of potassium, which will keep cramps under control and will also give some calories back to give you a boost.
Drink water as much as possible
This precious liquid is key for digestion and hydration.
Eat a salad with some protein but no starch.
Eat raw foods when you can
The body digests raw food a lot quicker and will help you get a flatter belly.
Avoid highly processed foods and heavy amounts of sodium
Sometimes, our body is sensitive to salt, which causes bloating. Try to skip it for a few days and see the difference.
Eat anti-inflammatory foods
Include foods to your diet that will not add extra water weight, which is the root of bloating.
Foods that inflame
Try to avoid or limit these foods as much as possible:
- refined carbohydrates, such as white bread and pastries
- French fries and other fried foods
- soda and other sugar-sweetened beverages
- red meat (burgers, steaks) and processed meat (hot dogs, sausage)
- margarine, shortening, and lard
Foods that combat inflammation
Include plenty of these anti-inflammatory foods in your diet:
- olive oil
- green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, kale, and collards
- nuts like almonds and walnuts
- fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines
- fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and oranges
Put these tips to the test and see your bloated belly disappear. You’ll feel better overall.